Schertz Facebook Changes: Making the Most of Our Social Media Outreach
If you’ve been wondering why you haven’t seen as many posts from Schertz Animal Hospital on your Facebook feed lately, you aren’t alone. Starting January 11th, 2018, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced changes to the news feed algorithm to prioritize posts from family and friends over posts made by businesses and news outlets.
According to Zuckerberg, Facebook has “…a responsibility to make sure our services aren’t just fun to use, but also good for people’s well-being.”
At Schertz Animal Hospital, we couldn’t agree more with Mr. Zuckerberg’s sentiments that family and friends should come first! Because we deeply value the relationships we have built with our patients and their families, we want to make sure that we interact with you through social media, and that you continue to benefit from the the Schertz Facebook page.
Seeing Schertz Facebook Posts
The weekly updates, photos, and adorable pet memes that you’ve come to enjoy and expect from the Schertz Facebook page are still there; they just aren’t appearing as often in your feed. The new algorithm will adjust based on your preferences, which means that interacting with our posts is an effective way of ensuring that you continue to see updates from us in your feed.
Try the following ideas to boost our presence in your feed:
- Like our page – Click “Like” on the Schertz Facebook page, if you haven’t already.
- Like our posts – By liking our posts, you let Facebook know that these are the types of things you want to see more of.
- Comment more frequently – Interacting with our posts through comments is an effective way of increasing Schertz in your feed.
Adjusting Your News Feed
One of the great things about Facebook is that it can be adjusted to fit your personal preferences, and that includes who and what you would like to see as you scroll through the site. Follow these steps to adjust your news feed to include updates from Schertz:
- Click on the downward-facing arrow in the top right corner of any Facebook page (such as your homepage).
- Select “News Feed Preferences”.
- Click “Prioritize Who to See First” for a list of people and pages you follow.
- Scroll until you find the Schertz Animal Hospital page and click on it. A star will appear next to the icon, indicating that you’d like to see more of our posts appear on your feed!
Still Going Strong
We absolutely love communicating with you through our Schertz Facebook page, and our goal of providing you with interesting and relevant content is still going strong. Of course, no amount of social media interaction compares with seeing you and your pet right here in our office!
Please give us a call with any questions, or to set up an appointment for your pet.