How Your Pet Benefits from Spay-Neuter Surgery
With a timely spay or neuter surgery, your pet benefits from several health and behavioral modifications including:
- Females have a reduced risk of uterine infections, reproductive cancers, and breast tumors. Spaying before her first heat offers the greatest health benefits.
- Males have a reduced risk of testicular cancer as well as some prostate problems.
- Females and males both have a reduced desire to roam to find a mate, which often causes them to escape and be put in harm’s way including car collisions and encounters with wild animals.
- Females won’t go into heat, which is a messy and frustrating experience for her and for you!
- Neutered males are often better behaved—they are often less aggressive and won’t practice some undesirable behaviors including urine marking and mounting.