Make dental care a priority!
Schedule a dental evaluation to start developing their dental care plan!
Our Cat and Dog Dental Care Services
Dental services for pets demand general anesthesia for the safety and comfort of your pet. Dental cleanings require that we clean below your pet’s gum line, where plaque and tartar can cause the most damage. With an alert animal, this service would be impossible and the cleaning would be significantly less effective. We use the same safety protocols for dental procedures that we use for surgery, so you can be sure that your pet is in good hands.
Our dental procedures include:
- Digital dental X-rays to assess for disease below the gum line
- Physical evaluation of the teeth and gums
- Ultrasonic scaling to remove plaque and tartar above and below the gum line
- Polishing of each tooth to smooth the enamel, making it harder for plaque and tartar to stick
- Fluoride and/or sealants to further protect and strengthen teeth
- Extractions for teeth that are broken or damaged by disease
In the event your pet needs extractions, we’ll administer pain medication to ensure they wake up with minimal discomfort. We’ll also send home medication to help keep them comfortable through their recovery.