Beep, Bark, Meow, Beep: The Best Pet Apps for Health, Safety, and Fun
What do games, driving directions, and weather reports all have in common? Apps, of course! On a mobile device, apps can make a world of difference when you’re lost, waiting in line, or are wondering if a storm’s approaching.
Apps are also enormously helpful when it comes to pet ownership. However, there are so many out there it can be overwhelming to consider which ones are best. Luckily, your friends at Schertz Animal Hospital have done the legwork for you. All you have to do is click away!
With Health in Mind
There are numerous apps that focus on your pet’s health and wellness. The following choices lead the pack:
- Pet First Aid – Every second counts during a pet emergency, and the Red Cross is your one-stop shop for CPR guides and basic first aid training. We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to have this information at your fingertips.
- MapMyDogwalk – If you’ve been wondering how to track your pet’s mileage, speed, time, and calories, look no further than this amazing app. You can also get ideas for alternative walking routes.
- Pup Tox – Not just for dogs, this app can help you learn what’s poisonous or toxic to your precious pet. You can also consult the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control App for cross-referencing.
- PetNet – This is ideal for pet owners struggling with food portions or those away from home during meal times. This app also measures calories, so you can diligently follow your pet’s diet.
Getting out There
Searching for new activities to do with your pet? Look no further than these helpful pet apps:
- Dog Park Finder Plus – Whether you’re hanging close to home or venturing out of state, this app helps you find over 6,000 dog parks and beaches and 12,000 dog-friendly restaurants. What could be better than that?
- BringFido – We love this app because it allows you to research pet care resources, such as local training or boarding and grooming facilities. You can also find scads of national attractions and accommodations. If you’re headed out of town, install this app immediately.
- Tagg – If you become separated from your pet while away from home, you can use the Tagg GPS device and accompanying app to locate him or her. Also, if your pet has a microchip, update it before leaving for your trip together.
Pet Apps for Training
Looking for a little assistance in the training department? We recommend:
- Puppy Coach 101 – For continued success with housebreaking, crate training, or simple commands, this colorful, user-friendly app will not disappoint.
- Dog Clicker Training – You may want your own dedicated clicker, but if you rely on your mobile device like most of us, you can streamline using this clicker app.
Fun and Games
We believe it’s important to balance out the serious apps with some entertaining ones. Check out the following for a hearty chuckle or two:
- Human-to-Cat Translator – Oh-so-amusing, this app delivers communication from you to your feline in a variety of meow-combinations.
- Pocket Pond – Looking at koi fish and frogs might relax you, but your cat will be inspired to track every move with a paw swipe (or dozens!).
- Dog Horoscope Booth – Take a picture of your dog to get a full description of your dog’s emotional state. Not too shabby!
- Name That Dog – Learn about the world’s dog breeds for fun or simply discover more about your own dog.
An App in a Snap
We’d love to hear your thoughts about other informative or fun pet apps. We invite you to contact us with feedback and suggestions. Happy apping!
Share This Article
Schertz Animal Hospital
Since 1976, Schertz Animal Hospital has offered the greater San Antonio area outstanding pet care. Our state-of-the-art animal hospital in Schertz, TX compliments our stress-free handling and experienced veterinary staff. Make an appointment online or give us a call at (210) 659-0345 today!