Oh, The Places You’ll Go: Memorable Pet Travel Destinations
Your intrepid pet may be ready to cross state borders again, but where should you go this time around? There are so many incredible pet travel destinations across our country, it can almost be an accomplishment to simply decide where to make all those sweet, relaxing, and playful memories.
To make it easier for you and your pet, we’ve done some of the legwork to get you one paw closer to the fun times you both crave – and deserve.
It can be daunting to whittle down all the choices. From coastline bungalows to rugged mountain retreats, where will your pet be comfortable, happy, and safe? You know your pet the best and can choose your pet travel destination according to your pet’s interests, lifestyle, and preferences.
Where To Stay
Bring Fido has amassed a serious compendium for all types of lodgings, including camping, motels, resorts, and vacation rentals. It’s so wonderful to know that your pet’s needs can – and will – be accommodated at the pet-friendly spot you decide on, and that your trip’s value increases through the amount of attention and care your pet will receive.
For example, W Hotels really go the extra mile for their four-legged guests. From offering toys, treats, pet bed, food and water bowls, and unique concierge services for pet-centered activities, your pet will truly feel like a million bucks. If you have your own events to attend on your vacation, you can arrange for custom pet-sitting, walking, or grooming services to be conducted in your absence.
Also, Loews Hotels provides rawhide bones, catnip, scratch poles, litter boxes, and other helpful home-away-from-home goodies that will make your stay a cinch.
Where To Go
With so many idyllic, fun-filled pet travel destinations out there, it’s hard to narrow it down, but we tried our best. We bring you the following ideas:
- Seattle – With so much greenery for your pet to enjoy, it’s simply luscious. The Warren G. Magnuson Park provides a carefree, off-leash experience, and your pup can splash about in the waters of Lake Washington. If you need further convincing, you can bring your pet inside his or her carrier or an a leash aboard a ferry!
- San Diego – Truly the ultimate pet and pet-lover destination, San Diego is warm, sunny, and full of good times. Check out the famous Dog Beach for all sorts of other dogs swimming, sun-bathing, and playing in the sand. Afterwards, clean up in the Dog Wash, and get a sugar-free ice cream treat at the Lighthouse.
- Portland – This fine city boasts over 30 off-leash parks, and many trails offer gorgeous vistas of surrounding mountains. Getting out of the city will also prove delightful, as Oregon is home to plentiful wineries that will welcome your pet with open arms.
- Scottsdale – For a trip a little closer to home, check out the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa for a pampering experience that takes care of all of your pet’s needs. While in Arizona, you could join other pet lovers at the red rocks of Sedona or the Grand Canyon.
- Pinellas County, FL – Previously the recipient of the award for America’s best beach, your four-legged friend could heartily enjoy the fantastic Paw Playground at Fort De Soto. View your pet splashing about in warm salt water and frolicking in the sand for hours on end.
- Cape Cod – Oh, there’s just no place like the cape…Although some beaches have summer restrictions on furry friends, many continue to leave out the welcome mat year-round. There are lots of beach trails and walking paths for your and your pet to enjoy while away from home.
Pet Travel and Safety
While out and about, please brush up on road trip safety tips, and other pet travel tips to make your pet travel vacation one for the books. We hope you’ll call us with questions, and don’t forget to send us a postcard!